Unconscious people rescued from burning apartment building

Share Canberra's trusted news:

TWO unconscious men have been rescued from a fire burning in the kitchen of a small, top-level of a four-storey apartment block in Howie Court, Belconnen, this afternoon (April 21). 

Paramedics treated both patients for smoke inhalation at the scene and took them to Canberra Hospital. Both were reported to be in a serious condition. 

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was cooking left unattended.

 

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleCartoon / Dose of Dorin
Next articleAd man Pawl Cubbin dead at 57

Leave a Reply