House fire sends four children to hospital

FOUR children and one adult have been taken to hospital after a fire sparked in the kitchen of a Duffy home today (January 17).

Firefighters extinguished the fire but the rear of the property on Tantangara Street sustained major structural damage and the ceiling collapsed.

ACT Ambulance Service assessed and transported the adult and four children to hospital for minor smoke inhalation.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleWhat’s On / Justice Crew headlines Oz Day show
Next articleSummer Arts / What’s on this weekend?

Leave a Reply