Confirmed virus case went to Belconnen mall

Share Canberra's trusted news:

CANBERRA’S confirmed another new coronavirus case, bringing to ACT’s total to 113.

The new case, a woman in her 20s, is a close contact of a previously confirmed case and was also at Westfield Belconnen on Monday (July 6) between 12pm and 12.30pm.

ACT chief health officer Dr Kerryn Coleman says the risk to the broader community is low, but is calling on anyone who attended this location during this time to be vigilant and monitor themselves for symptoms.

“I want to be clear – there is a very low risk of transmission from exposure to this individual and her household contacts at Westfield Belconnen, due to the short period of time they attended the location and the fact they didn’t come into close contact with anyone else during this period,” Dr Coleman says.

“We inform the public of locations where people with COVID-19 have been during their infectious period when our contact tracing cannot capture everyone we know was in the same place at the same time, and there is some risk – however low – to the public or staff of exposure to the virus.”

Canberra records three new virus cases

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleNew testing facilities open to meet increased demand
Next articleMovie review / ‘Waves’ (MA)

Leave a Reply