Unattended cooking causes Watson fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A HOUSE caught fire in Watson this afternoon (June 9) when food was left unattended cooking in the kitchen. 

Residents at the property were alerted to the fire on Irvine Street by a working smoke alarm and managed to escape without injury.

ACT Fire & Rescue extinguished the fire and is now reminding Canberrans: “Don’t stop looking while you’re cooking”.

Irvine Street has reopened.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleTorrens Primary gets a dusting of snow
Next articleThere’s a new taphouse in town

Leave a Reply