TRANSPORT Canberra’s new bus timetable will start in October and will include the introduction of two new Rapid bus services and a better aligning of weekday and weekend services.
Travel will be free for all passengers on the new Black and Green Rapids for the first two months of service to encourage people don’t use public transport to give it a try.
Changes come into effect on October 7 for weekday services and October 9 for weekend services.
The changes will include:
New and extended Rapid bus services on weekdays and weekends
- The new weekday Green Rapid service between the City to Woden via Griffith, Manuka and Kingston (every 15 minutes or better, 7am-7pm)
- The new weekend Black Rapid service between Gungahlin and Belconnen (every 15 minutes or better, 7am-7pm)
- Consistent Blue Rapid on weekends and weekdays to ensure the Wanniassa Park and Ride is serviced seven days a week (every 10 minutes or better, 7am-7pm, then every 15 minutes until last service)
- Weekend Red Rapid (Gungahlin – City), providing a seven-day a week high frequency service between Gungahlin and the City (every 15 minutes, 7am-7pm) [weekday Red Rapid will run at 15 min intervals until last service]
Other route changes
- Extending the Weston Line (Route 182) into Denman Prospect on weekdays
- The introduction of services through the new Dickson Interchange
- Route 5 will be replaced by the Green Rapid (Route 6) and to Route 4 to provide access to Fyshwick.
- Service changes to Belconnen Xpresso routes from Belconnen to better connect to other services and provide faster travel times.
- Minor changes have also been made to the dedicated school services.
Full details at transport.act.gov.au or by calling 131710. Bus books will be available at Libraries ACT branches, bus stations and MyWay Recharge Agents, two weeks before the timetable starts.