Woman taken to hospital after kitchen fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A 38-year-old woman has been treated by intensive care paramedics and taken to hospital for minor smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in Fisher this afternoon (October 7).

Two children were also at the home at the Bendigo Street, but are uninjured.

The fire began when food caught alight on the stove and an ambulance and fire brigade called to help at about 2pm.

Two pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van and a commander attended the scene, extinguishing the fire and checking to ensure the fire has not spread to the roof. 

Due to significant smoke throughout the house, the Hazardous Material Unit was also called to conduct atmospheric monitoring.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleRobbers attack Holt’s 7-11 with axe
Next articleReview / Ambitious ‘Sweeney’ misses a little polish

Leave a Reply