Lamp causes Deakin business blaze

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A COUCH fire forced a multi-tenanted complex on Napier Close in Deakin to evacuate this morning (November 26). 

At about 7.41am crews arrived to find a couch on fire, which was sparked by a nearby lamp.

The fire was quickly extinguished and there’s been no injuries and no structural damage to the building. 

The businesses will remain outside of the building until the ACT Fire and Rescue HAZMAT crew finish ventilating the premises.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleWelsh / The Winchester murder mystery lingers on
Next articleReview / Emotional ovation praises Page into retirement

Leave a Reply