SIX organisations, two schools and one individual have been recognised in this year’s ACT Violence Prevention Awards.
The annual ACT Violence Prevention Awards recognise projects, organisations and individuals who make a significant contribution towards the prevention of violence against women and children in Canberra.
The recipients are:
- Everyman – Partner Contact program, changing and developing ways to prevent violence against women and children.
- Menslink – Programs changing and breaking the cycle of violence.
- UnionsACT Women’s Committee – Championing a change of culture within the workplace and pushing for paid leave for victims of domestic violence.
- Veterinary Support for DVCS clients.
- Lyneham High School – DARE student lead program, changing attitudes and behaviours to support an anti-violence culture.
- Amaroo School – LEADAS program a White Ribbon Initiative
- ABC news – Continuing the message around domestic violence.
- Prof Vanitha Parekh – Education for frontline staff.
- DVCS Social Media Champions – Using individuals to spread information around DV.